Sunday, September 25, 2016

Welcome to Ask Katrina!

Hi, I'm Katrina McPherson.

I am originally from Idaho and have lived in Texas since 2003.  I moved to Texas because the water is better and the people are more friendly.  So friendly in fact, that I was able to have children in Texas.  I am very blessed to have two beautiful smart daughters and they are learning my business of taking care of the aging population so they will know the proper way to take care of me!

I am a seasoned professional in the long-term care industry.  My experience from 1996 to 2015 has been focused on helping the elderly move out of their home into retirement communities--such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or continuing care retirement communities. 

I now have a wonderful opportunity as the Administrator for Psalms Home Care Consulting and Psalms Senior Care Homes to help individuals stay home or at least a personal care home versus persuading them to move out of their home.  I am fortunate to be able to love what I do and have a passion for helping our seniors or those in need.  I am able to use my education and experience to make a difference to the aging population.  I have a degree in Health Care Administration from Idaho State University and I keep my Nursing Home Administrator License current.  I also took many music classes in college and played in the flute choir in college.  Therapeutic music activities are encouraged and offered to our clients and to the community through Psalms Home Care Consulting and Psalms Senior Care Homes through outreach and partnerships.

I try to be a helpful resource and guide to those who ask me about what they should do for their aging loved one.  Feel free to Ask Katrina about where to turn or what to do with your aging loved one and if I don't know the answers, I can give you some helpful resources.  The stories that I will be sharing in my blog may be a situation that you can relate to and hopefully it can give you some tools to be able to navigate the confusing maze of whom to choose, whom to ask, where to turn, what to do, whom to trust, etc., etc. in caring for your loved one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment